CNN’s Don Lemon is denying accusations from a former Hamptons bartender who accused the television host of assaulting him at a New York bar last year.
Dustin Hice sued Lemon Sunday for a "demeaning, unprovoked and offensive assault" that allegedly took place at Murf’s Backstreet Tavern in Sag Harbor in July 2018.
A CNN spokesperson told USA TODAY that, "Don categorically denies these claims."
"(Lemon) put his hand down the front of his own shorts, and vigorously rubbed his genitalia, removed his hand and shoved his index and middle fingers into (Hice's) mustache and under (Hice's) nose," reads the lawsuit, obtained by Mediaite.
Hice claims Lemon proceeded to ask questions about his sexual preferences, saying, "Do you like (vagina) or (penis)?" The lawsuit added, "While saying this, Mr. Lemon continued to shove his fingers into (Hice's) face with aggression and hostility."
As a result of the attack, Hice said he suffered "severe emotional stress and loss of future earnings and opportunities." He's suing Lemon for unspecified damages.