A Texas man is due in federal court on Friday for allegedly threatening to burn down a TV station.
According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Jason Eric Bewley, who was arrested in North Carolina last week, faces charges of transmitting threats through interstate communications.
Jail records obtained by the publication revealed Bewley threatened to set a Texas TV station ablaze during a phone call. Bewley allegedly harassed the station's general manager and told him he was “a dead man walking” via email last year.
Bewley was reportedly indicted in Texas back in April and spent the next few months on the run until he was picked up by North Carolina law enforcement officials in late June.
"It's too bad you're a dead man walking," Bewley reportedly told Mike Wright, who works at local TV station KBTX in Bryan, Texas, where Bewley is from.
Texas authorities are currently in the process of extraditing Bewley back to the state for his coming court appearance this week.
The news arrives just days after five people were killed at the Capital Gazette last Thursday after a gunman opened fire in its newsroom.